Friday, April 1, 2011

my 4 Year Old

Happy April Fool's Day everyone!  Four years ago today I was nine months pregnant with a due date 11 days away.  It was a pretty Sunday and the Shell Houston Open golf tournament was in full swing in our neighborhood.  Mark and I decided to spend the day there watching the pros.  My neighbor Debra was nice enough to drive us to the tournament.  But it was such a nice day that we decided to walk home.  I really think there is something to that theory that walking sets off your labor because that evening while I was getting ready for a nice dinner out with my husband to enjoy our last days of childless dining the labor pains started.  Just past 2am on April 2nd we met our beautiful daughter and became parents.  Our lives were changed forever and it's been wonderful.  Happy 4th birthday to our sweet Celia Rose.  I am doing this blog entry today because tomorrow will likely be crazy for us.  We actually aren't doing her party for another 2 weeks.  That will be the subject of a later LONG blog entry for sure.

For now here is my big 4 year old...







I took these pictures for her "Celebration of Life" board at school.  I would have loved to post the board on here since I spent tons of time doing it and it turned out super cute.  But for some very annoying reason blogger won't upload it.  I tried to crop it down and save it low res with no luck.  I would have taken a picture of it and posted that, but it's at her school.  You can sort of see it in the pictures below.  Her teacher is holding it up as her class performs her celebration of life.  Starting at April she gets to do a walk around the earth and the sun stepping on each month of the year as she goes.  She takes one trip for each year of her life celebrating each year by talking about the important things she learned in each of them.  It was very cute and you could tell she really enjoyed doing it.


Happy Birthday Celia!  I promise we will celebrate it in big time circus style in 2 weeks.






No comments:

Post a Comment