Friday, December 17, 2010

on the Eighth Day of Christmas...

Celia's class had their little Winter Program yesterday.  The plan was for Mark to take off work, leave Kye with a neighbor and that way Mark and I could give Celia our undivided attention and enjoy her program without having to chase Kye around.  Not to mention it's nearly impossible for me to work both a video camera and my regular camera on my own.  Of course, like most of my holiday plans this year, that didn't quite work out.  Kye got a horrible ear infection so Mark did take off work, but he stayed home to watch Kye while I went to see Celia and try to both film and photograph her in the program. 

Here is my little Maid-A-Milking.  I love that she got the "green" scarf which totally matches her little holiday outfit.  Actually I suppose it's not technically a holiday outfit if it was just something she already had in her closet that I stuck a peel off applique of a tree on.  It worked though and she got lots of compliments on it.  It's hard to see in the pics, but her shirt is covered in pink sequins.  I had to go to 2 different Targets to get it in her size just because I thought it would look cute for a picture at some point.  Don't you love Houston weather?  You can't wear a sleeveless tank in mid December just anywhere.


Forgive the bad photos.  It was quite a challenge to take pictures in a classroom overflowing with parents/grandparents etc. not to mention the typical horrible overhead lighting.
Check out the unhappy little maid here in the line up.  Frowning...




A full-on pout...



I found out later from her teacher that her little partner (aka her bff Julia) had not showed up yet and she did not like being paired with anyone else.  Finally Julia showed...

Smiles now.



They did a great job with the 12 days of Christmas and I even managed to get most of it with the video camera and then these still photos as well.  I even handed my camera over to the school director to get a shot of me with Celia.  Of course she couldn't be bothered to put down the cheese crackers.  Guess she worked up an appetite skipping around the room.


It's rare I'm in the photos because I hardly ever trust my "big" camera with someone else.  First of all it's super heavy and most people aren't expecting that.  Then it usually takes a few minutes for me to explain you just simply push the button on the front of it to take a picture.  Not to mention I would have a heart attack if anyone broke it.  And Mark would have a heart attack when he got the bill to replace it.  Anyway, I like that I did it so my kids can see that I was in fact there all the time. 

Oh, and I can't leave this one out.  This is what my little guy was doing during Celia's performance.


Poor guy.  He was in so much pain yesterday that I had to take him to the minor emergency because I couldn't get in to see his regular doctor soon enough.  You know something is very wrong with Kye when he barely lifts his head off the couch all day.  He's back to his usual self today though.  Which means I have cleaning to do...









No comments:

Post a Comment