Tuesday, December 21, 2010

my Holiday Card

I guess I lied when I said the last post was my final post on holiday cards because I have one more, MY holiday card "session".  I had this really awesome photo shoot planned for my holiday card pics.  And just about everything that could go wrong did so that did not happen.  I even had a really cool plan B and plan C.  But every time I tried to do it something went wrong.  Like it was super hot, or super cold or Celia chopped off all her hair.  You get the idea.  Well I finally threw my hands up and decided to use old pictures of the kids.  But when I went to do it.  I just couldn't.  So I decided to salvage the pics from my plan B session.  This was the session that was SUPER hot.  It was ridiculously humid this November day that we took these.  So humid we had to have fans going to even get ready we were all sweating so much.  And the place I picked to do them was in the woods and wet and swarming with mosquitoes.  That's Houston for you.  My mom was only in town for a few days and I wanted her to get one of the 4 of us so we had to do it this day.  Kye was sick.  Celia had just gotten over this horrible eye infection that I was sure was going to show in her pictures.  Anyway, we spent literally about 10 minutes taking these because everyone was miserable and I was sure after we were done that I got ZERO usable shots.  But I went back and looked at them and with some, well lots in some cases, photoshop magic I got this card...


I designed the card in photoshop because I could not find anything online that even sort of went with our colors.  So I have to show the before picture of the four of us to show you how much photoshop "magic" went into making it usable on our card.

Here's the straight out of camera shot...


Seriously... I LOVE photoshop.


And the shoot really wasn't a total bust.  Here is one of favs of Celia.  This is a little tribute to her former long golden locks of hair...



and a few of Kye who is normally my smiley one, but was so not interested this day.  By the way, one other secret...  The cute picture of him smiling in the card?  That was taken about 3 weeks later in my backyard because I wanted one of him smiling to add.


Happy Holidays All!

No comments:

Post a Comment