Friday, September 24, 2010

my monkey

no matter what your views are on evolution i think everyone can agree that most children are part monkey, some more than others.  my first child for instance has very little monkey in her.  my second on the other hand is nearly all monkey.  i don't know why i am surprised since my husband can often be found climbing on top of the house or in a tree just for the fun of it.  today i was upstairs for maybe a couple of minutes getting something for my daughter.  when i got back downstairs i find my son has climbed on a chair, onto the counter, and over the stove top to get to my utensils which he has spread out on my counter.  note the knives were kept right next to the utensils so he just as easily could have had those out.  i say "were" kept because they now have a new home on top of my refrigerator.  hopefully that will keep them save until he figures out how to get up there.  my doctor was telling me a story about someone she knew who's daughter climbed on the fridge to get to their knives.  so i maybe have a few months before i have to store the knives in the safe.


so part of this is my fault because i left the chair upright.  normally all the chairs in our house have to look like this.  if they are left upright kye will use to them to climb onto the table/counter top etc.  like i said, he is quite the monkey.  this wasn't even his first incident of the morning.  i also found him on top of my table in my bedroom this morning throwing my picture frames onto the floor.  seriously!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment