Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Trip Back in Time

I'm totally in the middle of editing my Christmas card pictures, but I'm taking a break to post pics on here from our trip to the Texas Renaissance Festival.  We've never been before and I was planning on taking the kids when they were a little older, but when I renewed my zoo membership this month they gave me 4 free tickets to the festival so I thought we would try it out.  We only needed 2 tickets so we invited a few friends along.  Of course it being in Texas and all I think this is supposed to be the biggest Renaissance Festival in the country.  It was huge and pretty cool.  Adults and kids both agreed we had a good time.


Since we're not taking family photos this year maybe I could use this one for my Christmas card?  :)  It would save me a ton of time.  Yeah, right, like I'm going to do something easy like that. 
This guy was at the entrance, but there we're so many people dressed in major costumes.  You could tip them to take a picture with them.  Seriously, this guy was tame compared to some.  I got tons of ideas for future Halloween costumes.  These people take this stuff seriously.

Here's one of my absolute favorites of the day.  This is what I want to be next year for Halloween...



There was so much to see.  We didn't even have time to make it back to the children's part.


Side note:  I do realize that Celia is in this crazy dress in half my blog posts.  You would think she doesn't have a closet overflowing with super cute clothes, but she does.  She just loves this dress and wears it all the time.  I have to hide it from her so she will wear her other clothes.  One of these days I'm going to accidentally misplace it permanently. 

ok, back to the festival...



One of the highlights of the trip was this theater performance where our neighbor got pulled up on the stage to be what turned to be a main character in their show.  He was a really good sport and the kids were cracking up, well until he was up there a little too long for his daughter's taste.  She started getting sad at the end thinking they were going to keep her daddy.


The parade went on forever.  The costumes were awesome.  Some I seriously can't show on here because they were a little too skimpy on the material.


Watching the jousting...  I was so impressed with this stadium.  I could do some really cool photo sessions at this place.  Too bad it's not closer to Houston.



Our fairies.




And this is what a ridiculously tired little boy looks like past his naptime right after his daddy stole a bite of his pretzel.  Time to go home maybe?


We left shortly after I took this picture.  It was a long walk through the festival way in the back of the parking lot to our car each of us carrying a tired child.  But it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment