Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloween Part 1: Costumes

Boy have I been bad about blogging lately.  I blame it on my house and all the projects I have been doing in it lately.  But I have been meaning to share these Halloween costume pics for a while.  So the story behind the costumes is this... Celia has chosen her costume for the last 3 years now.  And this year she kept telling me she wanted to be spider-man of all things.  I kept waiting on her to change her mind.  All the creative bones in my body just cringed considering every kid and their dog (literally) dresses as a superhero for Halloween with Spider-man probably being the most popular.  I tried to get her to change her mind with no success.  So instead I set out to make her one unique "Sparkle Spider-Girl" costume.  And you know I don't do "store bought" costumes.  I went to work creating a costume with the most glitter and sequins I could fit on it without going overboard.  I think it turned out pretty cute....



Then there was her brother who I knew didn't care what he was and was probably going to throw off anything I put on him anyway.  What better costume for Kye then "A Bad Guy".  So he was the bad guy to his sister's superhero and man did that costume fit him.  He LOVED being the bad guy.  The first time I put these gloves on him he wore them for 24 hours straight even sleeping in them.  How cute is my little thief aka "The Bad Guy"?



While my mom was in town I took them out for a little photo shoot.  This was the first time I have ever taken them to take pictures where they were having so much fun they didn't want to leave.  Seriously, all I had to do was tell them to act like they were fighting and running from each other and they were in heaven.  Kye could have acted that scene out all day long. 







It only took me a few minutes to get all the pictures I needed.  If only Christmas card pictures could go this easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment