Thursday, April 5, 2012

Girls Day Out

I haven't blogged since February, oops.  Oh well, this is my picture season so I promise to be better.  Celia turned 5 on Monday.  FIVE!  crazy.  Of course I threw her a fabulous party.  More to come on that.  But I'm working on ALL those pictures so for now here's some of our girl's day out.  Since having Kye, Celia and I just don't get any time alone together.  When Kye is in school so is she so I thought, what would be a better birthday present than to surprise her with a special girls day.  First I went to her school for her "Celebration of Life".  At Montessori schools they celebrate your birthday with a little ceremony where the birthday boy or girl carries the Earth around the sun a time for each year they have been on the planet and they stop after each year to talk about what they were doing then and show pictures of that year.  I spent about 30 minutes on Celia's poster this year as opposed to last year where I did this elaborate photoshop project that turned out super cute.  I just couldn't find the time with her birthday party stuff taking up all my free time.  But it worked :)


Then when we were done I told her she was coming with me for some surprise fun.  We headed up to Kingwood, first to meet her bff for lunch, then over to Mudpie to paint some pottery.  She, of course, chose a unicorn to paint.  She's having a hard time waiting on it to get back from the kiln. 



After painting we went next door to have some major sugar...



The icing on that thing was about as big as her head.  Finally, since we have a few more minutes before we had to pick her brother up from school we stopped by target for one more birthday present.  I had so much fun with my 5-year-old.  I'm going to have to make this a tradition.

And here's just a little sneak peek of the birthday party fun...


No comments:

Post a Comment