Saturday, June 30, 2012

the Tractor Party

So yes it was over 2 months ago and I'm just now posting it.  I wish I could say I'm catching up on pictures, but that's SO not true.  For now here's Kye's 3rd birthday party with what else but a John Deere tractor theme.  To say the child is obsessed is such an understatement.  I mean he sometimes gets excited and just blurts out the first thing that comes to his mind...and guess what? it's always "John Deere tractor".  Really. 


Of course he got a new tractor shirt for the party courtesy of etsy.  He only wore it for a few minutes though.  He changes his clothes about 10 times a day now.  And he has to pick out what he wears which gets very interesting.

A party around here is not complete without a piñata.  My kids flip out over these things...


His party was pretty small.  We just had a few friends over to swim.  I found the tire floats online, perfect favor for a tractor swim birthday party.


The cake was my first attempt at decorating with fondant.  It was actually a little easier than I expected.  Kye loved it.  Really all he wanted at his birthday party was a "green tractor cake" so it was a pretty important part of the day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment