Friday, February 11, 2011

my Little "Tweethearts"

My poor children.  I torture then so with crazy photo shoots.  And my poor mom...I always plan these photo shoots when she's here so she can help me set them up and entertain my children while I am taking their picture.  This one made me decide that I need a studio.  That would make my life so much easier.  So what if I am not an official professional photographer and don't actually have a business.  I totally get why photographers need studios when you're trying to get photos inside your house.  It is very difficult to find the perfect lighting and set up something that looks cool in the middle of the craziness that is your home, where your children makes messes etc.  This is what I set up this time for my official Valentine shoot for the kiddos...


This is actually in their playroom upstairs.  I had this whole vintage "love bird" theme planned.  I found these branches outside and painted them white then attached all these little red birds and newspaper hearts.  How long do you think this set-up lasted with Kye?  Was your guess about 10 seconds?  That's pretty close.  My mom said, "you know he's going to knock that vase down don't you?" "you need to tape it to the table".  I didn't and he did knock it down several times.  I still got some cute pics though.  I needed to use them for their Valentine's cards. 

In case anyone is interested in the outfits.  I made the headband for Celia.  I have been seeing these headbands everywhere and finally got around to making one.  It's just strips of satin and some lace.  The lace I used was some old lace of my Great Grandma's.  She is totally where all the creative genes come from in my family.  She was so awesome.  The vest is from Target and worn inside out because I liked the fur inside better.  I also made Kye's "tie" shirt and his suspenders are from Claires in the mall.  Mark gave me crap for Kye's outfit and said Kye would be mad at me later.  But it's really hard to dress a boy for Valentine's Day.




Here's what Celia's card for school looked like:



And Kyes...



And since I just started this blog here's a trip down memory lane at their pics and cards from last year...







Happy Valentine's Day!


1 comment:

  1. I am not kidding. Your pics are amazing. You are so talented. Definitely using you next time we need pics taken! have a great week girl!

    ReplyDelete